Additional Library Resources
In addition to the digital archive, the Rapid City Public Library has a collection of physical materials housed at its Downtown location. You can search the catalog, or browse the partial list of flood related materials below.
- The Black Hills Flood of June 9, 1972 published by Midwest Research Publishers.
- Final Report of the Floodplain Development Policy Committee.
- The Flood, June 9, 1972 and the 20 Years After published by Rapid City Journal.
- The Flood, June 9, 1972 : 25 Years After published by Rapid City Journal.
- Flood Plain Information : Rapid Creek, Rapid City, South Dakota prepared for City of Rapid City by Department of the Army, Omaha District, Corps of Engineers.
- Flood protection project for Rapid City : Rapid Creek Basin, Rapid City, South Dakota by Department of the Army, Omaha District, Corps of Engineers.
- Flood Report, Cheyenne River Basin, South Dakota, Black Hills area : flood of 9-10 June 1972 by Department of the Army, Omaha District, Corps of Engineers.
- Night of Terror : The Black Hills Flood of June 9, 1972 published by Natural Disaster Institute.
- The Perception of Flood Hazard in Rapid City, South Dakota by Robert Donald Lang.
- The Rapid City Flood, June 9, 1972 : A Unique Picture Magazine compiled and edited by the men and women who survived.
- Rapid City Flood Disaster Program Urban Renewal Project : Final Environmental Impact Statement prepared by Region V111 U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Rapid Creek Flood Disaster Feasibility Study by Rapid City Urban Renewal Agency.
- Some through the flood : A story of one family's loss, survival and recovery from the 1972 Rapid City flood by Ronald and LaVonne Masters.
- Report on Rapid City Flood of 9 June 1972 to South Dakota Weather Control Commission by Board of Inquiry.